The competition law framework exists to ensure the successful running of businesses across the UK and Europe. The framework covers things like commercial arrangements and agreements, anti-competitive practices and behaviour as well as merger and joint venture clearances.
Failure to comply with competition law can mean facing stringent fines including damages claims and a damaged reputation. The stakes are high, in some cases directors will be disqualified or even imprisoned for deliberate behaviour
Our competition experts know what you need to know. We understand how the laws apply to your business and how to use them to your best advantage, mitigating risk and ensuring compliance throughout your organisation.
We take the time to understand what you want to achieve and then advise on the best route to take, focussing on turning complex rules into common sense.
We can advise on:
- Merger and joint venture clearance
- Commercial agreements and arrangements
- Competition investigations (including private enforcement actions and damages claims)
- Anti-competitive practices and behavioural issues
- Dominant companies
- Business strategy
- Competition law compliance programmes
- Dawn raids