All businesses and individuals have work place health, safety and welfare obligations. These cover health, safety, fire, Trading Standards, food, occupational health, transport, disability discrimination, product liability and recall, construction design and management and statutory nuisance issues.
Organisations involved in health and safety issues include:
- Environmental Protection Authorities, including the EA.
- Health and Safety Authorities, including the HSE
- Medical Devices Agency
- Planning Authorities
- Trading Standards Authorities
A review of health and safety law is currently underway. It will investigate concerns over the application of health and safety legislation, together with the perceived rise of a compensation culture over the past decade.
We have a specialist Health and Safety team which assists business owners and managers in addressing the ever complex regulatory framework.
We have considerable experience in:
- Trading Standards investigations and prosecutions
- Health and Safety Executive investigations and prosecutions
- Transport, motoring, licence VOSA, road haulage investigations and prosecutions
- Environmental investigations and prosecutions/waste management