Thrings’ Defence and Aerospace sector group provides specialist legal advice to organisations involved in the defence, homeland security and aerospace supply chain.
Thrings LLP’s ‘active and punchy’ team is particularly known for its expertise in defence and aerospace disputes.
We understand the pressure that you are under from your customers, whether they are UK or foreign government departments and agencies, prime contractors or Tiers 1 and below. We understand the challenges you face in dealing with the increasing complexity of contracting structures and need to diversify your business in this challenging market place. Above all, we understand the need to protect the value of your business and use our legal expertise to help you meet your business objectives.
We advise on:
- Contracting with the MOD and foreign government departments
- Supply contracts with customers from prime contractors, through the tiers
- Collaborative agreements such as alliances, joint ventures and joint research and development agreements.
- How to back-to-back your customer contracts with your suppliers
- Order processes
- Interpretation of DEFCONs in the context of defence contracts
- Compliance with AS9100 and other industry standards as they relate to commercial contracts and business relationships
- Commercial sales representatives/commercial agents agreements
- Distribution agreements
- Recovery of debts
- Business regulation including compliance with the Bribery Act
- Intellectual property protection (patents, design rights, trade marks,, etc)
- Employment law, including industry specific issues
- Dispute resolution
Some examples of our work:
Advising a leading vehicle manufacturer on a €1.3 billion supply and support contract with the UK Ministry of Defence.
Contractual advice and legal support relating to the implementation of a worldwide agency network for a specialist defence electronics business, including obtaining foreign legal advice from relevant jurisdictions
Advising a sub-alliance member to the Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carrier project in connection with the sub-alliance agreement
Advising a client involved in the development and manufacture of biometric identification equipment in respect of collaboration and licence agreements
Ongoing legal support, employment and contractual advice to a client involved in the development of an air transport and air-to-air refuelling service