One of the biggest problems facing any business, of any size, is late payment. It stifles cash flow and imposes additional costs on your business. It is important that your debts are collected when they become due and, where action needs to be taken, it is done quickly, effectively, and with as little expense as possible to you.
We recognise that every business is different; our service is flexible enough to deal with one-off or volume instructions. We can advise you on all aspects of debt recovery and litigation. We will keep you updated with regular reports and will remit to you promptly all monies recovered on your behalf.
Our knowledge and experience, together with the use of technology, means that all your matters will be dealt with in a prompt and efficient manner. The team is headed by David Patterson, a Commercial Litigation Partner, and managed by Jerry Pearce and Amanda Richardson, our Credit Services Managers.
Why choose us?
- An established record of success – we are one of the top six firms recognised by the Legal 500 (an independent legal directory) for corporate and commercial work in this region.
- We always clarify our charging structure up-front so that there are no surprises
- We offer an approachable, flexible and proactive service, with expert, jargon-free advice, tailored to your individual needs.
Our debt recovery service includes:
- Letters before action and pre-action collection
- Issuing and managing Court proceedings
- Full range of enforcement measures.
- Advice on bankruptcy, winding-up and all other related insolvency matters by our specialist Insolvency Team
What we charge
To meet your requirements and needs, we offer a competitive fixed pricing structure for undefended actions. Our fees are structured around The Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998. They are normally based upon fixed charges recoverable from your debtor.
Should the matter become defended, the case will be passed to one of our experienced litigation solicitors who will advise you on the merits of your case and give you an estimate of the likely costs involved, so that you can take a decision whether and how to proceed.
All our fees are payable by you in any event, with all monies recovered from your debtor passed to you, less any outstanding invoices rendered to you.
When court proceedings are issued, they can be processed online direct with the Court. This avoids any administrative or postal delays, and the reduced court fees are passed on to you.