As a highly regulated area, Health & Safety issues impact every employer and business on a daily basis. Thrings Health & Safety Disputes team is made up of specialists who have expertise in advising on all aspects of the regulatory framework in which businesses operate. With many years of experience, the team works alongside clients to provide specific risk advice on day to day risk management issues that arise, such as health, safety, food, trading standards, product design, liability and recall, and statutory nuisance issues. Where disputes arise, we assist clients in proactively managing claims, dealing with insurers and the regulatory authorities, responding to regulatory investigations and in defending prosecutions.
Our experience includes matters involving Trading Standards, Environment Agency, Planning authorities, Food safety authorities and Health & Safety enforcement, including the Health & Safety Executive.
To us Health & Safety isnt just about dealing with disputes, its also about preventing the problem in the first place. To this end, we provide training and advice to all levels of our clients businesses from board level to shop floor with the objective of integrating health & safety risk management in all aspects of the business.
We advise on:
- Construction design and management
- Corporate Manslaughter
- Disability discrimination disputes
- Employers liability
- Environmental investigations and prosecutions/waste management
- Fire damage claims
- Food Safety Authority investigations
- Health & Safety enforcement including Health & Safety Executive investigations and prosecutions
- Insurance-related issues
- Occupiers Liability
- Occupational health disputes
- Planning authority investigations
- Product liability and recall
- Regulations involving DEFRA, environmental protection authorities, including the Environmental Agency, Health & Safety Authorities (including the HSE), Medical Devices Agency, Planning Authorities and Trading Standards Authorities
- Statutory nuisance issues
- Trading Standards investigations and prosecutions
- Transport, motoring, licence VOSA, road haulage investigations and prosecutions