Your business success relies on your ability to recruit and retain the key people for the job. And, when things go wrong, your ability to minimise the financial and reputational costs to your business. But it’s not just a case of satisfying your legal obligations. Real success lies in integrating an intelligent legal structure, accurate risk assessment and common sense within your commercial objectives and organisational culture.
Thrings is commended for delivering "pragmatic advice" and "helping us chart our way from where we are to where we want to be." Sources also strongly recommend the team's programme of training and providing updates on employment law.
Thrings’ specialist employment team provides accurate, up-to-date advice for all organisations, from major household multinationals to small family-owned businesses. Whether we’re working with you to ensure that core internal procedures are expertly written and maintained, or whether we’re dealing with complex discrimination or unfair dismissal case in the Employment Tribunals, our team of specialists have the experience to help you through the maze of employment law.
What we do:
- advise and support employers at all levels on ever-changing employment laws;
- manage in-house employment minefields, such as redundancies and TUPE transfers;
- offer technical advice on specific issues;
- publish regular newsletters offering updates on the latest changes to employment law;
- hold regular Breakfast Briefing Club meetings;
- run in-house training sessions on employment issues.
We can advise on:
- all forms of dispute resolution including mediation and representation in employment tribunals and other courts up to the Supreme Court
- employee benefits including share incentive schemes and tax advice, pensions and retirement policies
- change management and workplace information and consultation
- contracts, policies and procedures and employee handbooks including harmonisation and changes to terms
- data protection and freedom of information
- the Equality Act and discrimination claims including age discrimination
- flexible working and maternity, paternity and parental leave
- health and safety
- HR issues: disciplinary and grievance hearings, harassment and bullying, performance management and recruitment issues
- ill health and absence management including managing disability issues
- industrial relations, trade union recognition and collective bargaining issues
- reorganisations including mergers and acquisitions and advice on partnership issues and transfers of undertakings (TUPE)
- restrictive covenants and protecting your staff, customers and confidential information and know-how
- senior executive appointments and terminations
- wrongful and unfair dismissal