In April 2009, the new Employment Act introduced a new era of dispute resolution in the employment field. Following the repeal of the Statutory Dispute Resolution Procedures, employers can consider creative, informal and flexible means of resolving disputes.
Mediation has long been considered a cost effective and successful way of resolving disputes. Its informal, confidential and facilitative features lend themselves particularly well to resolving workplace disputes. Its key features are:
- Intervention at an early stage of disagreement before parties get entrenched
- Improved likelihood of maintaining good and productive employment relations
- Uncovering systematic problems at work so that changes can be made to improve for the long term.
- Resolution is agreed by the parties and they take ownership of their decisions and the way forward.
At Thrings, we can offer assistance with your workplace disputes.
We can offer:
- Workplace mediation awareness training for your HR team and managers
- A comprehensive, independent and impartial mediation service
- On-call mediator service, available to attend your premises at short notice
- Advice on implementing a workplace mediation policy in your business
- Guidance on drafting workplace mediation clauses in your contracts of employment
For further information on our workplace mediation service, please contact Kerrie Hunt on 0117 930 9564 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org