Technology is important to us because it supports every facet of our clients’ business.
To us, technology includes IT and telecoms as well as complementary technologies in: wireless, devices, silicon, security, defence, digital media, e-commerce and gaming. And we know that the tech world never stands still; this ever-changing environment gives our clients continuing commercial opportunities which we can help with.
Andy Braithwaite of Thrings LLP is considered to be a "first-class" lawyer, and clients underline his responsiveness and ability to assess clients' technical knowledge appropriately: "His advice is always pitched at the right level."
What makes us different
We provide informed and practical advice based on deep market knowledge and decades of combined legal expertise. We offer all the advice you will need as a technology business or a technology user. We know technology & innovation contracts are diverse, often complex and are often part of a suite of inter-connected agreements. Our specialist advice can help you identify and reduce risk to your business, as well as identify areas for increased efficiencies, commercial opportunity and added value. We deal with the legal issues while constantly recognising the need to focus on your broader commercial strategy.
Our expertise includes the full range of technology transactions that most businesses will require at any stage in their growth cycle. From spin-out and technology transfer work, through technology development and design services and specialist intellectual property advice, to licensing, service provision, outsourcing and procurement projects, we are experienced technology lawyers.
What can we add
using our industry knowledge we also assist our clients in the deals to finance their innovations – from launch to exit – as well as acquisitions, joint ventures and R&D collaborations.
Some examples of our work:
- Advising a multinational marketing services business on the procurement of hardware, software and services from Vodafone for a telecoms system upgrade to support their call centre expansion across multiple data centres.
- Advising a fast growing provider of software products in financial markets in relation to trading platform software supply agreement with European Stock Exchange, covering licensing terms and intellectual property ownership.
- Seconding one of our solicitors as general commercial in-house legal counsel to a Fortune 500 multi-national diversified technology and industrial company.
- We have assisted a FTSE 100 on the negotiation of major deals with the likes of BT, GoIndustry DoveBid, Bottomline Technologies, Orient Capital, Syncapse Corp and CPA Global as well as SaaS with AON, and SaaS for the Yammer social media platform..
- Advising entrepreneurs on all the steps in the launch of P2P website business providing domestic storage solutions – it was a ground-breaking offering and we drafted unique terms and conditions for the operation of the business.