Thrings’ Wealth Management team adopts an holistic approach to each and every client; responding to the complex family and business structures that are unique to you and working in tandem with your other professional advisers- banks, accountants, stockbrokers and independent financial advisers.
The ‘reliable’ team at Thrings LLP is well regarded by clients.
We consider ourselves, still, to be true "family solicitors", understanding the complexity of family relationships and the imagination required to manage, properly and fairly, interests that may be in conflict.
Our Wealth Management team holds relationships with clients that span generations. We work with landed estates, farms, families and their private businesses through to independent schools and charities, the elderly, the vulnerable and the infirm. We pride ourselves on the fact that clients not only trust our legal expertise but our knowledge of their histories, current circumstances and those of future generations.
Our specialist expertise includes structural and succession issues within family businesses, agricultural issues, long-term wealth strategies, trust formation and management, sheltering assets in connection with divorce or bankruptcy and working closely with financial advisors to prepare for your later years.
We advise on:
- Management and mitigation of liability to Inheritance Tax and Capital Gains Tax
- Addressing structural and succession issues within family businesses
- Preparing long term wealth strategies which reflect the firm's deep understanding of the mechanics and chemistry of families
- Providing integral and complimentary services to family offices
- Putting appropriate trust, partnerships and other structures in place to meet the individual needs of families and family members , addressing personal, taxation and relationship issues
- Sheltering assets, so far as practicable, from the ravages of divorce and bankruptcy
- Structuring the holding of family assets, and the terms of a will, to maximize eligibility for means tested state benefits.
- Working closely with financial advisers to achieve financial independence and freedom from financial worry in older age, mindful of the likelihood that long term care may need to be funded.