Your domicile and tax residence status plays a key part in any tax, trust and succession planning you might undertake. This area of the law is complicated and you need expert advice from someone that not only understands this complex area, but also how it is likely to affect your unique situation.
Our Wealth Management specialists make up one of the leading teams across London and the South West. Our expertise is in structuring imaginative tax and trust solutions for non-doms and non-residents, whether you’re trying to minimise your tax liability, investing in overseas property or businesses, or whether you’re planning a life overseas.
We advise on:
- Domicile and resident status as a matter of general law
- The impact of domicile/resident status for the purposes of determining liability to (and the legitimate avoidance of) UK taxes
- Determining "proper law" issues where property is held abroad and the impact on succession on death
- Appropriate forum for litigation
- Structuring purchase of UK realty by non doms through and offshore corporation to avoid UK inheritance tax liability
- Which corporation my be held in an (offshore or onshore) "excluded property trust" for IHT avoidance across the generations
- Planning for retirement abroad or emigration to avoid future UK tax liability