Andy has over 20 years’ experience handling a wide range of commercial, intellectual property and IT transactions and technology issues. By developing lasting relationships with his clients and understanding their business needs, Andy aims to give priority to problem solving and a commercial and practical approach.
Andy Braithwaite of Thrings LLP is considered to be a "first-class" lawyer, and clients underline his responsiveness and ability to assess clients' technical knowledge appropriately: "His advice is always pitched at the right level."
Andy joined Thrings in 2010 having spent 13 years with Osborne Clarke and Beachcrofts before that. As well as advising technology businesses, he has extensive experience advising brand owners, manufacturers, retailers, creative businesses, automotive businesses, defence contractors, franchisors and sports property owners.
He has recently advised on:
- Advising Ryder Cup in the negotiation of the venue agreements with Gleneagles and arrangements with the Scottish Government for the staging of the 2014 Ryder Cup matches.
- Acting for B4 Claims in negotiating their arrangements with Ageas Insurance for the Tesco Legal Guard legal expenses insurance product sold by Tesco Finance.
- Handling the negotiations for Boxing Channel Media on all of the agreements required to set up the new pay per view TV channel Box Nation dedicated to the sport of boxing. Our team advised on and negotiated: Promotion and content Licence Agreement with Frank Warren Promotions; EPG platform agreement with Sky; satellite uplink agreement with Arqiva; channel content distribution agreement; and a customer/subscriber services agreement.
- Acting for fast-growth silicon designer EnSilica in licensing IP in a microprocessor architecture for ASIC and FPGA applications.
- Advising a luxury retail brand on a product licensing deal with one of the country’s most recognised retailers.