Anna has expertise in all aspects of family law, specialising in particular in resolving complex financial matters following marital and co-habitee relationship breakdowns. She has recently spent much time attending to cases where complex family business and pension issues play a major role in the case.
In addition, Anna has extensive experience in private law Children Act cases and is also regularly involved in assisting clients at the start of a relationship in connection with the preparation of both pre-nuptial and co-habitation deeds.
Anna is a committed collaborative lawyer and focuses entirely on the individual needs of the client working closely with them to resolve their case in the best way for them and their family. Anna approaches cases from a practical view point, where possible focusing upon achieving an agreement in the most conciliatory manner, always ensuring that the best interests of the client are met.
Recent highlights include:
- acting for a client who is the head of marketing for a large local company. Achieving a good settlement where there were substantial UK assets and in particular protecting disputed third party interests in the client’s property.
- assisting a client in securing both a joint residence and a very generous defined contact order in a case where the mother’s original position was that there would be no contact whatsoever.
- assisting a client to protect and secure matrimonial assets for herself and her children where the former spouse was facing bankruptcy with a real threat to the assets of the client.
- negotiating a complex financial agreement where there were many investment and pension assets using round table meetings and subsequently, being able to avoid the issuing of Court proceedings where, at the start of the case, it had seemed almost certain, due to the entrenched position of the other party that the matter was going to have to be resolved through the Court process.
- assisting a very high net worth client in the preparation of a pre-nuptial agreement.
Anna is a collaboratively trained lawyer.
"Thank you for the fantastic amount of support and advice you have given me regarding my divorce... I will have no hesitation in recommending you and your colleagues to anybody who finds themselves in similar circumstances."
Client (name confidential), September 2011