Amari advises on all aspects of contentious property law, including commercial landlord and tenant disputes, residential landlord and tenant disputes, and real property disputes.
Having trained and qualified with Thrings’ Property Dispute Resolution team, Amari has a number of years experience acting on behalf of PLCs, SMEs, investors, pension schemes, developers, corporate occupiers and private individuals on all manner of issues. These include commercial lease renewals, exit strategies, break notices, surrender, forfeiture, dilapidations, withholding consent, breaches of covenant, property management issues, through to residential possession claims, claims for injunction, as well as advising on easements, restrictive covenants, adverse possession and trespass claims.
Recent highlights include:
- Acting for a landlord in the successful opposition of a lease renewal on multiple fault grounds;
- Obtaining relief from forfeiture of a head lease, including injunctive relief to allow the sub tenant to re-enter the property pending the relief application;
- Acting for a national retail tenant in exercising a one-off break right with strict conditionality;
- Advising pension schemes on property management matters including debt recovery proceedings for rent arrears;
- Defending a dilapidations claim against a corporate occupier tenant where the landlord intended to redevelop;
- Acting for a landlord in terminating tenancies of mixed-use London premises in order to meet vacant possession timescales for redevelopment;
- Acting for an investor landlord in successfully withholding consent to assignment of a lease;
- Advising a portfolio investor on the acquisition of properties subject to residential tenancies including advice on tenancy deposit scheme regulations;
- Obtaining a possession order in defended residential possession proceedings against a tenant occupying a property under an oral agreement seeking to rely on an estoppel defence.
Amari is a member of the Property Litigation Association.