Brett joined the firm in 2009, qualifying into the Bristol Company Commercial team in 2011. Brett specialises in a broad range of corporate and commercial matters, including company start-ups, SMEs, intellectual property, distribution and retail agreements, intercompany agreements, IT agreements, business acquisitions/disposals, corporate finance and restructuring.
Brett’s personable style allows him to get to know clients and their businesses quickly and offer practical commercial advice.
Recent highlights include:
- spending seven months on secondment to a Fortune 500 multi-national diversified technology and industrial company, working as general commercial in-house legal counsel
- assisting a client in negotiations with a major high street retailer for the supply of its products worldwide
- advising a client on the sale of its software business to a major IT service provider group
- drafting complex terms and conditions for a client in the e-commerce sector
- assisting with a client’s purchase of an internationally recognised business
- advising a client on licensing its software to a major global IT service provider
- assisting a client in the charity sector to establish an online charitable trading website