Melissa specialises in all aspects of Insolvency, both corporate and personal, whether actual of threatened. She has more than 10 years’ expertise in advising financial stakeholders, including insolvency practitioners, fixed charge receivers, directors, creditors and individuals on a wide range of issues including business disposals and acquisitions, asset realisation and preservation, security, challenging antecedent transactions and misfeasance, and defending disqualification proceedings.
Melissa George “does a good thorough job,” according to sources.
Melissa’s recent work has included:
- Advice to the liquidator of an LLP on adjustment of members’ withdrawals
- Advice to both insolvency practitioners and purchasers in connection with the sale/purchase of various distressed businesses
- Advice to directors during the twilight period of the company, on guarding against allegations/claims for wrongful trading/misfeasance
- Both realisation and protection of matrimonial home
- Advice to Administrators trading a manufacturing plant.
- Advice to both fixed charge and court-appointed receivers on their powers, duties and responsibilities in residential developments, retail premises and agricultural holdings
- Application for re-use of a prohibited name under section 216 Insolvency Act for a national professional practice