Warren is Head of the Commercial Real Estate Department and the Property Litigation Team. Described as “commercially aware” by leading legal directory, the Legal 500, he is regularly instructed by RICS independent surveyors. He has special expertise in property portfolio management, commercial landlord and tenant disputes, common law, and statutory property claims. His clients include charities, corporate occupiers, property investors, property developers, a number of clients with national property portfolios, and rural property owning clients and estates.
Warren’s track record is an ability to resolve matters without recourse to litigation. He is experienced in mediations with an excellent success rate. Where recourse to Court proceedings is unavoidable, Warren has an enviable success rate at trial, with a number of cases, including a 2010 Court of Appeal decision, reported in the Estates Gazette.
Warren’s relevant experience includes:
- Acting for a major charity in relation to their £70million occupational and investment property portfolio, including landlord consent issues, tenant alterations, unlawful assignments, rent review issues, business lease renewals, dilapidations, and the enforcement of covenants.
- Acting for a national energy supply company in relation to their national portfolio, to include a £2million+ dilapidations claim, break notices, tenant insolvency and business lease renewals. Acting for a major corporate occupier in relation to a reinstatement claim involving vehicle loading bays, racking and roller shutter doors, and various property exit strategies.
- Successfully acting for a major developer in relation to the reported case of Stadium v St Marylebone Property Company Plc  EWCACiv952 and  04EG108. This involved a boundary issue, S.62 LPA 1925, a related claim in trespass, and a claim for damages.
- Taking a CP0 claim to trial in the Lands Tribunal and achieving compensation equating to £1/3million per acre.
- Acting for a Local Authority in relation to their substantial (220) high-value, high street retail property portfolio. Numerous issues, including a business lease renewal under the PACT scheme, a dilapidations/nuisance claim taken successfully to trial, and a right of way dispute involving emergency injunctive proceedings.
- Acting for a national household name Estate Agency in relation to their national property portfolio (80 units +) to include wide-ranging landlord and tenant and property management issues.
- Acting for a developer in relation to a disputed boundary (the hedge and ditch presumption) and right of way, which needed certainty in order to release development potential and land value (successful at trial in 2012).