- Investment property
- Residential developers and landowners
- Strategic land, option and promotion agreements
- Commercial property
- Pension fund property
Dan joined Thrings in January 2017 having previously worked at City law firms Nabarro and Howard Kennedy. He is a highly experienced lawyer in the commercial property field and brings a wealth of experience to Thrings as an Associate.
Dan specialises in commercial investment and residential development. Dan acts for a number of South West based developers in the 25 – 300 unit range advising on options, conditional contracts, promotion agreements and strategic arrangements. Dan also has a niche specialism in crowd-funded property with a recent focus on the acquisition of purpose built student accommodation across the country.
Dan’s relevant experience includes:
• Acting for a market leading property crowd-funder purchasing residential blocks of flats and purpose built student accommodation, often subject to ASTs, valued between £2m and £5m with a model based on speed to obtain price reductions;
• Advising both national and regional residential developers on the acquisition of residential, commercial and mixed-use developments on sites ranging from 1 to 250 units;
• Acting on the purchase of a £3.8m mixed-use building in west London, including negotiating a £500,000 surrender with a Rent Act Tenant, to facilitate the subsequent sale with the benefit of planning to redevelop;
• Acting on a £16m purchase of a large office site, subject to a headlease and 15 underleases, with a view to developing the building into residential flats;
• Acting on the acquisition of large ground rent portfolios for a pension fund, the largest valued at £6m with 40 developments in the portfolio.