Every year our Agricultural Property Team advises landowners and farmers, all over the UK, on the sale and purchase of hundreds of millions of pounds worth of farmland. Highlights include:
- Acting for the UK’s major banks and well known pension companies in secured lending work.
- Advising landowner clients on the potential development of their estate using a hybrid development agreement with an anticipated build out value in excess of £100m. Advising on tax/estate planning issues, trusts and farming partnership issues, and a strategy for the family to continue farming in the long term.
- Acting on the purchase of a landed estate worth in excess of £20m including the setting up of a partnership and related tax and succession planning for a family.
- The purchase of a 500 acre farm including large farmhouse and annexe, farm buildings and solar park. We advised on the overall purchase, public and private rights of way, the lease of the solar park to a company, two overage deeds relating to solar and residential uses, basic payment scheme entitlements, tenancies, the woodland grant scheme, a man made fishing lake and sporting rights including shooting licences.
- Advising on the disposal of a well-known Sporting Estate in the North of England.
- Acting on the sale of a very large farm with an anaerobic digester, other renewable energy and the potential development of a significant acreage of farmland into residential housing.
- Advising landowner clients on the transfer of a business as a going concern in respect of the sale of a substantial multi-million pound outdoor and indoor livestock business, with the sale being completed in a very short time scale. Our clients retained the freehold of farmland, livestock units/buildings and agricultural workers housing, necessitating a series of leases and an asset purchase agreement.