Our Agriculture Team has been involved in a number of high-profile cases in this area. Highlights include:
- Successful High Court claim by one of the owners of a racing stables against her former business partners. The case concerned ownership of shares in race horses.
- Acting for a well-known stable in the successful defence of a claim for professional negligence arising from the escape of a horse.
- Claim for damages arising from the misdescription of a race horse in a sale contract.
- Professional negligence claim against a vet for the death of a race horse and consequential damages worth thousands of pounds.
- Claim for damages against a dog owner who allowed a dog to enter stables and cause significant damage and worry to horses.
- Defending a stable from a personal injury claim by a rider who fell from a horse and suffered life-changing spinal injures.
- Animals Act liability advice.