Our team has been involved in a number of high-profile claims and cases. Highlights include:
- Defending a farming company in a high profile investigation by the Gangmasters and Labour Abuse Authority involving over 40 dairy farmers. The investigation attracted national media attention and covered 16 counties in England and Wales.
- Forcing the government to change the law on the burial of animal by-products following a farming client’s prosecution being struck out as an abuse of process
- Defending many farmers from Trading Standards investigations into animal welfare of farmed animals, for example sheep with Maedi Visna
- Urgently representing a farmer and 8 employees on a ‘dawn raid’ by the Police.
- Successfully representing a land agent on a fraud prosecution who was found not guilty
- Defending a DVSA prosecution into tachograph and drivers’ hours offences for agricultural workers
- Defending a farmer on a prosecution for shotgun offences and successful appeal of a shotgun licence to the Crown Court
- Defending a farmer from a prosecution by the Health and safety Executive following a dangerous fall from height
- Providing urgent injunction advice to a large agricultural company following a Channel 4 News investigation to avoid broadsheet newspaper reports the following day