- Successfully represented one of Europe’s largest soft fruit companies in a five-day trial concerning a right of way to its farmland. The neighbouring landowners unsuccessfully appealed to the Court of Appeal as a result of which our farming client’s right of way to its farmland was protected.
- Acted for a landowner after a neighbour blocked a right of way across agricultural land, causing major difficulties in access. We successfully proved the existence of a prescriptive right of way through more than 20 years’ historic, undocumented usage.
- Acted for three owners of agricultural land, successfully defending them against a neighbour’s claim of a prescriptive right of way across their land. This right of way would have included rights to cross their land with cars, horses and carts, with serious potential valuation consequences.
- Advised an owner of farm land on whether his right of way allowed him various rights of entry/exit points along the full length of a route, following his neighbour’s effort to impose one specific entry/exit point, potentially causing substantial interference with the usage of the land.
- Advising a commercial unit owner on whether to grant temporary access permission to defeat a neighbour’s claim for a prescriptive right of way. The claim was resolved, thereby preserving the development potential of the land and avoiding neighbours’ attempts to prevent development by claiming to have undocumented rights of way.