Our Disputes Team has been involved in a number of high-profile claims and cases.
- representing farmers nationwide in the large-scale and well-publicised High Court litigation arising from the foot and mouth disease outbreak
- representing a partner in connection with a multi-million pound family farming partnership dispute in the High Court. This involved issues concerning ownership and inheritance of land, proprietary estoppel, accountancy and taxation
- winning agricultural rights of way cases, including an important decision in the Court of Appeal for one of Europe’s largest soft fruit companies
- acting for substantial producer organisations (top and soft fruit growers) in the withholding of grant aid payments by the RPA and the temporary suspension of the companies from the EU Fruit and Vegetables Scheme. One of these cases was referred to the European Court of Justice
- representing a market-leading horticultural grower in a High Court claim for substantial damages and the recovery of assets arising from a breach of various contractual agreements